Belleville is not only the seat of St. Clair County it is also the largest and most diverse city in the Metro area. The Belleville Town Square is the center of town and the center of social life. The square and the adjoining streets host art festivals and a bustling night life. The educational opportunities in Belleville are second to none in the area. Bellville is home to Southwestern Illinois College and the extension campus of Lindenwood University. The Belleville School District is known throughout the region as an exceptional institution for academics, athletics, and fine arts.
- Twenty minutes from Scott Air Force base
- Thirty minutes from downtown St. Louis
- Home to the internationally known Our Lady of the Snows Shine
- Labeled a Get Up & Go Community for its commitment to healthy living
- 2014 & 2015 Belleville was named a Runner Friendly Community by the Road Runners Club of America